Time for another #fandayfriday post! We are on week 5 this week! If you haven’t seen my posts before, this is a series where I’m collaborating with some other bloggers to share a few of my favorite things on Fridays. Each week I’ll tell you some favorites of mine and then share a link to another blogger who will share a favorite of theirs.
I know that I’ve been following a pattern with my #FanDayFriday posts so far but I have to get off topic today due to a fender bender car accident I had this morning.
The school parking lot is the new Thunderdome. Let me paint a picture of the ordeal that I am working with!
See that opening at the top of the picture? That one opening is the only opening for the staff and visitor parking lot and the school drop off and pick up line.
The actual school is in the bottom right hand side of the picture.
The parking spots on the most left row is visitor parking. Handicap Parking is in the top right hand corner of the lot.
In theory you enter from the entrance, go to the left down passed the visitor spots all the way to the sidewalk, curve around and head towards the school then back out on the outside of the parking lot. You’re supposed to pull into 1 of drop off spots before letting your kids out…think of a roller coaster coming to a stop, everyone gets in and it moves on…then the next set of cars come and everyone gets in!
My #FanDayFriday was posted this morning by one of the aids at school when the discussion of parking lot issues came up…
It’s a bit hard to read so I’m going to type it out, but I take no credit for the stuff written here.
10 easy ways to know you don’t belong in the school pick up or drop off line!
- You have to get out of the car. If you need to park and open your door for any reason, go park.
- Your snowflake needs help with… seat belt, jacket, backpack, shoes, or your goodbye ritual includes multiple hugs, kisses, tears and a secret handshake? Go park.
- Your tiny prince must get out directly in front of the school doors. If you don’t pull up as far as you can , and totally disrupt the entire flow making the line run 100 times slower because princess cannot bear to walk 10 extra steps to the entrance. Go. Park.
- My four kids can unload and load faster than your one. You aren’t doing it right!
- You have to sit in your car and watch until your little darling gets all the way in the doors. Seriously. There are teachers and staff there for a reason. If they can’t be trusted to make sure your child make it the 10 or 20 feet to the school safely, how will they survive recess?
- School projects in the trunk? Nope. Go Park.
- Need to visit with the teacher helping with drop offs? Shoot the breeze with the other PTA Moms? PAAAAARRRRKKKK!
- Do you impede the flow of the line? More than briefly? More than once a week?
- Need to put your car in park? Read that sentence again, and then again, and if necessary, and then go park.
- You find yourself super angry and offended by this list? Ask a teacher for some directions to the parking lot!
My own personal advice?
Avoid the parking lot unless you need to be there!
Going to the office or escorting your kid to class?
Park far away from traffic and walk!
SHARE THE #FANDAYFRIDAY LOVE!
Remember when I said that I was going to share a link to another blogger? Go Appreciate Life’s Everyday Moments and check out Amanda & Brian’s Lifestyle Blog at
Tell them that iamzoewatson.com sent ya!