|Affiliate Notice: Many of the posts on restingmomface.com contain affiliate links. By shopping through my links you allow me to contribute to my family income while being a stay at home mom. I appreciate your support!|
Since it’s now 2017, I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of “17 things lists” on the internet this year. While I know I’m jumping on the bandwagon, I promise not to overuse this number, but for now here are 17 things to know about me in 2017:
- I’ve physically been to 45 out of 50 states. I say physically because some of these are merely landing and taking off in a state. Like Oklahoma. I’ve never really been there other than on a tarmac.
- It only took me playing 3.5 years of basketball, before I made a college level team. I only scored 3 points my whole career, but to me it was a successful season of practicing with a college team. I “retired” due to bad knees.
- My husband and I met on the internet. I guess I’m the start of that generation that really got into internet dating.
- Running a half-marathon is something I checked off my bucket list. I ran from San Luis Obispo to Pismo Beach.
- A college campus has been within a mile of my house 10 out of my 40 years of life. I’ve lived near Michigan, United State Military Academy and Sonoma State University.
- It’s not a coincidence that Bootsie shares her real name with a famous person. I don’t really like to show my teeny-bopper roots, but I’m kinda glad that she has the real name in common as a famous person.
- I used to write romance fan-fiction novels about NSYNC. Actually I used to write novels a lot, but had a pretty good online presence for a while there with my novels.
- By watching YouTube videos, I learned to crochet in 2009. Have you heard of The Crochet Crowd?
- I completed NaNoWriMo a few years ago.
- The movie Annie is still one of the best movies I’ve seen. It’s also one of the first plays I saw live.
- After much research, in 2016, I decided that my favorite wine is Pinot Grigio.
- My regular meal at McDonald’s is a Big Mac.
- If Netflix erased The West Wing television show, I’d cry. I think I’ve showed this in a few posts, but really this is something I can watch and never get bored by it.
- Recently I rediscovered my love of Legos. I don’t remember loving them so much as a kid, but building now is really a great thing to do with the kids.
- I enjoy baking more than cooking any day. I like pie. What else can I say?
- My favorite city in the US is Portland, Maine. Actually Gritty McDuff’s is my favorite place on the planet from what I remember of the bar. It was the first time I really hung out in a bar/pub if you can believe that.
- If I could only eat one candy for the rest of my life, it’d be JuJuBees. I like them when they are super hard and I basically have to grind my teeth together to eat them.
Probably not the makings of a best selling autobiography, but they are tidbits about me which might strike someone’s fancy as they say.
Did you find anything surprising on this list that you didn’t know about me? If so what?
Take the Challenge. List out 17 things to know #aboutme in 2017! Click To Tweet